You’re not here to prove but to improve
It’s important to remember that it’s okay to loose during training. You aren’t showing up to training to prove that you can win every round, you’re showing up to learn and improve your Jiu Jitsu. If you’re always focused on winning in training and always using your A game, it will hinder your growth and hold you back. One of the greatest things about Jiu Jitsu is the shear volume of techniques that exist for you to soak in. It keeps the sport interesting and challenging. If you get too stuck in your A game and your desire to win every round you’ll miss out on the big picture, which is to never stop learning.
1. If you’re stuck in a training rut, learn something new and then work on it in sparring
2. Set goals for each training session
3. Pick a weakness you need to improve, drill it, and then work it during training
4. Be present in every round so you know what worked and where things went wrong
5. Roll with a variety of training partners (lower and upper belts)
If you are interested in learning more about our program please give us a call at 858-292-5040 or email us at email@example.com and get started on your FREE one week trial today.
Click here to check out our online training and get a FREE 7 day trial! New videos uploaded daily and 24/7 access to thousands of hours of techniques, drills, and pro-tips from Andre Galvao and his world-class team!