Here are a few tips for parents that can be extremely helpful as they watch their child go through their Brazilian Jiu Jitsu journey. Sometimes parents get so caught up in wanting their kid to be the best that they forget it’s not about them, it’s about the child. It’s about having fun, learning, and enjoying the benefits BJJ has to offer. For many kids Jiu Jitsu is just plain fun, and that’s how it should be. They aren’t thinking about the things it can instill in them, such as discipline, confidence, a competitive spirit, and respect for others; they’re just having fun. They should not feel some overwhelming pressure to always win, but instead to just go out there and do their absolute best. In order to reap these long term benefits they have to stick with it, and this is where the parents play a huge role. By encouraging fun, and not placing too much emphasis on winning, you can ensure your child has a long and healthy future in one of the most beneficial martial arts.
15 Tips For Being a Good Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Parent
1. Be encouraging
2. Stay calm
3. Don’t fret over bumps and bruises
4. Help your kids be prepared
5. Let the instructor do the coaching
6. Lead by example
7. Help them avoid junk food, encourage a healthy diet
8. Remember your commitments to them
9. Don’t push too hard
10. If you have a complaint, bring it to the instructor, don’t burden your child with it
11. Focus on the positives
12. At tournaments remember it’s about them, not you
13. Don’t argue with the referees
14. Don’t do anything that would make your kid not want to go to jiu-jitsu class
15. Jiu-jitsu for kids should be fun, don’t forget that!
Here at Atos Jiu Jitsu HQ we have kids classes ranging from 3-5, 5-8, and 8-14 year old. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a great martial art for kids, and we are proud to be the best martial art school not only in San Diego CA, but the entire world. We have proved that many times in tournaments, the most prestigious being Kids Pans.
We have a specially going on right now for kids it’s only $89 a month for an entire year! To learn more about our kids program, and how to get a FREE one week trial please call us at 858-292-5040 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.