The Atos HQ women’s program has gradually been growing for the past few years, but this year it has really taken off. The Atos ladies are lead by black belt world champion Professor Angelica Galvao. This year at Pans they won the 2nd place team trophy missing out on 1st by just 9 points.
After over two years away from the competition scene head women’s instructor Prof. Angelica has returned with a vengeance. She closed out her division at Pans with teammate, and 2x black belt world champion, Luiza Monteiro. Luiza joined the team just a few months ago, and has been a fantastic addition. Atos HQ is now home to three female black belts: Heather Raftery, Luiza Monteiro, and Angelica Galvao.
We offer a women’s only class twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday at 5:45pm. It’s a combined intro and advanced class with a perfect mix of white belts and upper belts. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a fantastic form of self defense, especially for females who tend to be smaller. It’s empowering to know you can defend yourself, and gives you an extra level of confidence.
Here are 10 reasons women should train BJJ:
- It teaches you to love your body for what it can do instead of what it looks like
- It’s not a sport that requires you to be big and strong in order to be good at it
- The sisterhood with other females who train is like no other
- It’s a fun way to loose weight without doing boring cardio
- Stress reliever
- It overcomes ideas of what females should and shouldn’t do
- It makes you a positive role model to younger girls
- It’s a rewarding mental and physical challenge
- Personal development
If you are interested in learning more about our program please give us a call at 858-292-5040 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and get started on your FREE one week trial today.